Monday 18 June 2012

Beanies and bobbles (FO)

The pink hat I lost last week is still hiding in Glasgow somewhere, but the other #9 baby beanies are all washed and ready to drop off at the Pregnancy and Parents Centre.


They look kinda cute all stacked up and ready to go...


Baby beanies (9 here)
pattern: own 
yarn: any and various odds and ends in the sock/4 ply stash


At the weekend we went to a friend's fifth birthday party (happy birthday Aisling!). I was itching to make something for her, so I spent a happy half an hour or so trimming scraps of felt to make this sweet pair of rainbow hair bobbles. I did it while watching England play Sweden in Euro 2012. There were places where my cutting was decidedly wonky; but, I just think that adds to their charm.




And, in other news (in case you were wondering) the building works are still on-going, but due to finish this week. We can't wait! Things already look and feel so different, it's hard to remember what it looked like before... 

3 comments:

  1. The hair bobbles are fantastic, hope she loved them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm not sure how much she liked the hair bobbles. 5 yr olds dont go in for effusive thanks very often - her parents liked them tho!

    ReplyDelete