Tuesday 29 September 2015

Knitting 0 Little Bean 1

My knitting mojo has been lying low for a while. Not completely awol, just kicking its heels and skulking around the corner.  The last time it went awol I was pregnant, and that's definitely not the case this time. 

Anywayz. 

Since the Rugby World Cup 2015 started, I've been making myself do some knitting while I watch grown men bash into each other whilst trying to get an oddly shaped ball over a white line. I picked up a sock of my own unvention, which I started earlier in the year. Things have been going very S L O W L Y with it since the heel flap. I love the look of the sock, but something about knitting it is really annoying me.

Last night, I sat down with my husband for an hour or two and we caught up on the last episode of Bake Off some serious documentaries. I picked up the sock, and managed finally to start the toe shaping. The end was in sight.

I put the sock aside, happy and relieved. I was looking forward to the Kitchener stitching to come, and went to bed.

This morning, on my way to the shower, I noticed a tangle of yarn on the carpet. It was a bit like - oh, b*gger, it was the sock yarn. All 4 DPNs were scattered to the wind, and the yarn tangled and stretched from one side of the room to the other. 

I found the needles. I picked up the yarn, and the sock, and I stuffed it in my bag. I didnt inspect the damage - my first glance was enough to confirm some serious damage to the toe, and quite a lot of squiggly frogged yarn. 

I glowered at the culprit. 

He gave me his winningest smile. 




Reader, I forgave him everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment