Friday 7 November 2014

'Tis the season

Winter is almost here. My pockets are stuffed with hats and gloves, and the nights are getting longer and longer. Maybe it was the clocks going back that did it, that caused a switch in my brain to turn on. 

C R A F T! 

it says

M A K E!

Knit, sew, cut, stick, bake, glue - just DO something. Christmas is a-comin, dontcha know?

My fingers are itching to make and do. My head is full of ideas and plans, There are lists and notes, books, magazines, blogs and websites and flashes of inspiration here and there. In the last week I have bought card stock, circular hole punches and a new guillotine. I am lusting after fabric and yarn - but trying to restrain myself to shopping in the stash. That is the challenge: Use. The. Stash. 

I am planning:

  • A zippered bag for shoe cleaning kit for DH (probably the Purl Bee one)
  • A waistcoat for the bean (BBC vest by Schwin designs)
  • A dress for the jelly bean (Figgy's Sunki dress)
  • Zippered pouches/project bags for the jelly bean
  • Some raglan tees for the bean (Recess raglan tee by See Kate Sew)
  • Some self-made bias tape for my MIL
  • A knitted cowl for the bean
  • To finish the Phoebe cardigan for the jelly bean


Then there is a Christmas cake to make, plus peppermint bark, fudge and a whole pile of Christmas cards to make (and write). And, of course I could add a few more projects like: make decorations, finish that quilt top I have barely started and tidy up some of the other WIPS lurking in corners. But doing that would be ALL kinds of crazy, and I am definitely not crazy: I am completely in control (yeah). 

Since the crafting fever began last week 18 Christmas cards have been made, Christmas cake ingredients have been bought and the patterns for Sunki dress and BBC vest printed out. And, yesterday I bought two presents!





No comments:

Post a Comment