Wednesday 25 April 2012

Birthday

Yesterday was my husband's birthday. At 0628 our daughter climbed into our bed, followed soon after by her brother. After a little bit of whispered direction from me, they wished their father a happy birthday and began to sing to him. We might have preferred another half an hour of sleep, but their sweet duet was certainly worth the early start.




The birthday celebrations begin in earnest. The gifts were piled up and the house decorated. The fabric gift bags I made at Christmas got another outing, along with the bunting a friend made a year or so back.....





The birthday cake was a joint effort. I did most of the measuring and baking, but the little people licked their fingers and decorated the cake as only preschoolers can - with originality and wonkiness.






Happy birthday my love. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment